On this page you will find links to the following information concerning Seraphus:
- Environmental Policy
- Legal Information
- (a) Insurance
- (b) Solicitors Regulatory Authority
- (c) Company Information
- (d) Privacy
- (e) Disclaimer
Seraphus seeks excellence in every aspect of our business, but not at the expense of the environment. We are committed to minimising the environmental impact of our operations.
To achieve this commitment, we aim to:
- Reduce materials consumption and improve efficiency in the use and management of resources.
- Give priority to environmental considerations when we source and select products.
- Promote environmental awareness among all our employees by providing information and training, and foster an atmosphere of environmental responsibility in the workplace.
- Strive to improve our environmental performance and continually seek to identify and adopt innovative means of achieving this.
To support these aims we will:
- Reuse and recycle materials wherever possible thereby reducing our waste streams.
- Avoid wherever possible the use of hazardous products using alternatives to minimise environmental impact and reduce the production of waste requiring specialist treatment.
- Support modes of transport by partners and staff that minimise environmental impact.
This policy will be regularly referred to in decision-making and internal management and operational meetings. It will be included during the induction of new staff and will be reviewed at regular intervals.
Legal and Professional
(a) Professional Insurance
Seraphus has professional indemnity insurance as required by the Solicitors' Indemnity Insurance Rules. The insurer is Catlin Underwriting Agencies Ltd (China Re Syndicate). The policy number is PI17CRE1109. The insurance was placed by Hera Indemnity Limited.
Seraphus is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (Membership No. 546810) and franchised by the Legal Aid Agency. Seraphus is committed to high quality legal advice and client care. We have a procedure in place which details how we handle complaints. If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you have received or about the bill, please contact Christopher Desira in the first instance at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our overall handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman at the below address to consider the complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted at: www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
(c) Company Information
Seraphus is the trading name of Seraphus Ltd and is registered in England & Wales (company no. 7001351)
Who is the data controller?
The data controller is Christopher Desira. The data controller can be contacted at Seraphus, 140 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4SD. He can be contacted by telephone on 0208 811 1532 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees of Seraphus are trained in GDPR compliance. Seraphus works in partnership with the Free Movement website, which is GDPR compliant. Seraphus is contracted by the European Commission.
Who regulates Seraphus’ data control?
Who are our data processors?
We use a number of services to handle and process user data:
- Google (Calendar, Analytics and Drive), Calendar is used to support our online booking system on Free Movement. Analytics is used to assess how users interact with our website to improve it. Drive is used to store our business documentation.
- iZettle, a payment gateway. We see no payment or credit card information from iZettle. We use it to process payments for legal services.
- Paypal, a payment gateway. We see no payment or credit card information from Paypal. We use it to process payments for legal services.
- Xero, accounting software used for billing and also for collating financial information for accounting purposes. Seraphus’ accountant has access to the information stored in Xero in order to prepare accounts.
- Apple computers and systems, used to run and manage legal cases. All computers are encrypted and password protected to prevent data theft if the computers themselves are stolen. Our services are secure and data is sent to us securely via SSL encryption.
- Youcanbook.me, an online booking system used for our Video Link service on the Free Movement website. This service is GDPR compliant.
- Dropbox, storage software used to store your immigration and archive your immigration file.
- The eurights.uk platform, we collect the information submitted in the enquiry form on this website to manage and process bookings of our lawyers. This project is funded by the European Commission, who require us to provide monitoring information on this project. The information shared with the European Commission will be limited to the data collected on the enquiry form.
We ensure that all third-parties are GDPR compliant before working with them but we do not control these third-parties and are not responsible for their privacy policies. We encourage you to read their privacy notices.
How do we collect personal data?
We collect or use data in the following ways:
- When we enter a contract with you
- When we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We do not collect personal data for direct marketing communications. Therefore we do not generally rely on consent as a legal basis for collecting or processing your data.
What data do we collect about you?
We collect collect personal data or information for the purposes performing our contract with you. This data will include your identity, contact information, immigration information and financial information. If you need details about what personal data we have collected from you or the lawful basis for the collection of this data please contact the data controller.
Disclosure of your data
We may have to share your personal data with third parties. In most cases this would occur for the purposes of performing our contract with you. For example, when we need to contact the Home Office to request a copy of your immigration records. We may also be required to share your personal data for the purposes of complying with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, if the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority requests the audit of your records. We seek prior permission from you before disclosing your data to third-parties.
Cookies and Internet Privacy
Cookies are pieces of data created when you visit a site, and contain a unique, anonymous number. They are stored in the cookie directory of your hard drive, and do not expire at the end of your session. Cookies used by Seraphus contain no personal information about the user, nor does our website elicit or store any information from users other than the Internet Protocol address of the computer used to access the site. Cookies on this site may safely be turned off by users without affecting how pages are displayed. Cookies can be deleted from the user's computer.
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use click here. For further information about privacy issues, visit The Information Commissioner's Office here.
No personal information is gathered unless you contact us directly through our website. Where disclosure of information to a third party is likely we will, where possible, endeavour to ensure that this is clearly indicated.
If you would like to contact us about cookies please email us at email@example.com.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to ensure your data is not accidentally lost, used or accessed, altered or disclosed in an unauthorised way. All access to data is limited to employees or to the data processors above. We have procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the ICO of a breach if required.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We will securely store the work relating to the performance of your contract with us for 7 years, after which we will consider destroying this data.
If you are a paying customer we cannot delete all of your personal data for a period of seven years because we are obliged by law to retain payment information for that period for tax and VAT purposes.
Copies of your data
You can email the data controller for a copy of your data at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your data will be sent to you within one month of your emailed request.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data unless it is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. When doing so we may need specific information from you to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure your data is not disclosed to another person who has no right to receive it.
Your data may be redacted to protect the personal data of other people referred to in your records.
Deletion of your data
You can email us at email@example.com to request status deletion. We will delete as much of your data as we are permitted to based on our data retention requirements above.
Whilst we make every effort to keep the information on our website accurate, you must satisfy yourself on these matters before using the information on our site. The materials contained on our website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Before taking any action on a specific legal problem you should obtain guidance from a professional advisor.
We add links from our website to other websites to help you find more information related to our services. However, Seraphus cannot be held responsible for the content of any external websites. This is because we do not produce or maintain them, we cannot change them, and they can be changed without our knowledge or agreement. Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services. The inclusion of which should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or their products / services. We do not enter into reciprocal linking arrangements.
Seraphus accepts no liability for loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site, or any other site linked to this site.