Legal Services. The Smart Way.

Fixed price visit visa applications.

Stacks Image 7

Transit Visitor


You might need a Visitor in Transit visa if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and you’ll:

- be changing flights in the UK on your way to another country
- go through UK border control, for example to check in your luggage for a connecting flight
- leave the UK within 48 hours
- not work or study while in the UK

If you plan on staying in the UK for longer than 48 hours, or if you frequently pass through the UK over a longer period, you will need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa.

Are there circumstances when I don't need this visa?

You do not need a transit visa if you have a valid:

- EEA family permit
- Home Office travel document, for example you’re a refugee or stateless person
- Standard Visitor visa
- Marriage Visitor visa

How do I apply for a Visitor in Transit visa?

You have to apply for a Visitor in Transit visa online. The only country from where this is not possible is North Korea. Instructions on how to apply from North Korea can be found on the Home Office website.

Which documents will I need to apply?

To apply for a Visitor in Transit visa, you must have a current passport or other valid travel identification document. You need to provide evidence that you’re allowed to enter the country you’re travelling to, such as a residence permit, green card, or valid visa.

If you’re not a resident or national of the country you’re travelling to, you may need to explain why you’re going there. You may need to provide details of where you’re staying. You must also provide evidence that your onward journey is booked or confirmed, such as a flight booking email, printed tickets or confirmation from a travel agent

Is there a cost?

Yes. It costs just under £100 to apply for this visa.

I had a very good discussion with Seraphus. They succeeded in making me feel better and less anxious about the whole process. Thank you for providing a service at a reasonable price, it provides peace of mind about what my time in this country will be.


Contact us

If you have any questions about our services or you would like to instruct us represent you with your application or appeal please get in contact with us now.

We use cookies on this site to improve your experience. We only use anonymous cookies so we'll assume you are OK with this. Read our 'Extras' section for more details.