Legal Services. The Smart Way.

Fixed price from the comfort of your own home.

Stacks Image 7

Tier 2 Workers

Workers – Tier 2 visas

For workers, the Tier 2 category is broken down into:

- Tier 2 (General)
- Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)
- Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
- Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)

We will focus on the General subcategory, as this is the type of applications we usually deal with. If you need help with any of the other subcategories, contact us can contact us
here or send us a question on WhatsApp.

Who can apply for a Tier 2 visa?

For all Tier 2 categories, those wishing to apply for a visa will have to be offered a skilled job by an employer registered with a Tier 2 sponsor licence who is prepared to support the application.

The full list of Tier 2 sponsors can be found

How long can I stay in the UK on a Tier 2 (General) visa?

Tier 2 visas can be granted either for the time period of the employment contract plus one month, or a period of up to 5 years and one month – whichever is shorter. If the grant is of 5 years, after that time, the employee is expected to apply for leave to remain based on their continued residency, or leave the UK.

What are the requirements to obtain a Tier 2 (General) visa?

Under the current system, the requirements are as follows:
You need to:

- have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job
- show you’re being paid an appropriate salary for your job (usually at least £30,000 per year, unless it is a shortage job occupation)
- prove your knowledge of English
- have personal savings of £945 in your bank account for 90 days before you apply. This is to prove you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK
- show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
- provide a criminal record certificate from any country you’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, if you’ll be working with vulnerable people

Please note that these requirements are set to change on 1 January 2021, when the new Points-Based system comes into force.

Can I bring my family with me on a Tier 2 working visa?

Yes, it is possible for dependants to join you in the UK. They will have to pay separate application fees, and adhere to certain additional requirements.

Is there a visa fee?

Yes. If you are applying for a Tier 2 visa to stay in the UK for up to three years from outside the UK, the cost will be £610. If you are applying to switch into the Tier 2 category from inside the UK, the price is £704.

If you are applying to stay in the UK for longer than three years, the price goes up to £1,220 if you apply from outside the UK, and £1408 from inside the UK. The fees are heavily reduced for shortage occupations.

You will also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.

Can you help us?

Yes. We can assist you with the application. You can contact us
here or send us a question on WhatsApp.

‘Seraphus provides excellent advice through very thorough and helpful online/voice call sessions. I really recommend Seraphus for all types of immigration questions, and also their highly effective checking service.’


Contact us

If you have any questions about our services or you would like to instruct us to represent you with your application or appeal please get in contact with us now.

We use cookies on this site to improve your experience. We only use anonymous cookies so we'll assume you are OK with this. Read our 'Extras' section for more details.