- Environmental Policy
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement
- Legal Information
3.1. Professional Insurance
3.3. Company Information
3.4. Complaints Handling
1. Environmental Policy
Seraphus seeks excellence in every aspect of our business, but not at the expense of the environment. We are committed to minimising the environmental impact of our operations.
To achieve this commitment, we aim to:
- Reduce materials consumption and improve efficiency in the use and management of resources.
- Give priority to environmental considerations when we source and select products.
- Promote environmental awareness among all our employees by providing information and training, and foster an atmosphere of environmental responsibility in the workplace.
- Strive to improve our environmental performance and continually seek to identify and adopt innovative means of achieving this.
To support these aims we will:
- Reuse and recycle materials wherever possible thereby reducing our waste streams.
- Avoid wherever possible the use of hazardous products using alternatives to minimise environmental impact and reduce the production of waste requiring specialist treatment.
- Support modes of transport by partners and staff that minimise environmental impact.
This policy will be regularly referred to in decision-making and internal management and operational meetings. It will be included during the induction of new staff and will be reviewed at regular intervals.
2. Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Our diversity and inclusion statement (DI) articulates our commitment to a diverse workforce and environment that respects individuals and their contributions irrespective of gender, race or other characteristics.
We are passionate about attracting, retaining and developing the most talented and skilled individuals from all backgrounds and we value people of all cultures, nationalities, races, religions, and ethnicities, regardless of characteristics such as gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
We treat our clients, colleagues and partners fairly and with respect at all times.
We understand that diversity of people, perspectives, skills, experiences and ideas creates strength for our business and enables us to provide our clients with the best legal service possible.
As a responsible business and employer, it is important for us to act at all times with integrity, fairness and respect towards our employees, clients, suppliers and the wider community.
3. Legal and Professional
3.1. Professional Insurance
Seraphus has professional indemnity insurance as required by the Solicitors’ Indemnity Insurance Rules. The insurer is Catlin Underwriting Agencies Ltd (China Re Syndicate). The policy number is PI17CRE1109. The insurance was placed by Hera Indemnity Limited.
Seraphus is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (Membership No. 546810) and franchised by the Legal Aid Agency. Seraphus is committed to high quality legal advice and client care. We have a procedure in place which details how we handle complaints. If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you have received or about the bill, please contact Christopher Desira in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with our overall handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman at the below address to consider the complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted at: www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
3.3. Company Information
Seraphus is the trading name of Seraphus Ltd and is registered in England & Wales (company no. 7001351)
3.4. Complaint Handling
Seraphus is committed to high quality legal advice and client care. We have a procedure in place which details how we handle complaints. You will be given a copy of the full procedure as part of our registration process. In summary, if you are unhappy about any aspect of the service, the work you have received or the bill, please contact your designated lawyer in the first instance. Your lawyer will attempt to resolve the issue. If you are not happy with the resolution, your complaint can be escalated to the Director for review.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of that review you can ask the Legal Ombudsman or the Solicitors Regulation Authority to consider the complaint. The Legal Ombudsman could help you if you are not happy with your solicitor’s work or service and need to put things right. Examples include:
- Not replying to your emails, letters or calls.
- Losing your documents or giving you unclear advice.
- Charging you an amount you are not happy with.
- Not explaining issues properly so you do not understand.
Find out how the Legal Ombudsman could help you.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority could help you if you think a solicitor might be dishonest or you have concerns about their behaviour. Examples include:
- Shutting down the law firm without telling you.
- Dishonesty or deliberately overcharging you.
- Taking or losing your money.
- Treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
Find out how to report a solicitor or firm to the SRA
Whilst we make every effort to keep the information on our website accurate, you must satisfy yourself on these matters before using the information on our site. The materials contained on our website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Before taking any action on a specific legal problem you should obtain guidance from a professional advisor.
We add links from our website to other websites to help you find more information related to our services. However, Seraphus cannot be held responsible for the content of any external websites. This is because we do not produce or maintain them, we cannot change them, and they can be changed without our knowledge or agreement. Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services. The inclusion of which should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or their products / services. We do not enter into reciprocal linking arrangements.
Seraphus accepts no liability for loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site, or any other site linked to this site.