UK Work Visas

Seeking employment in the UK?

Our immigration lawyers can provide you with expert guidance to secure your UK work visas. From Skilled Worker visas to Intra-Company Transfers and more, our expertise will help you navigate the complexities of UK Work visas.

Types of UK Work Visas

Working in the UK is a restricted activity. If you want to work in the UK and you are not a UK resident, then you will require permission from the UK government to work. This means applying for a UK work visa. 

There are many different work visas available, such as:

The type of work visa you need can depend on the job you want to take, the economic activity you want to achieve, and your personal circumstances. 

Those in professional jobs might choose a Skilled Worker Visa and a young person wanting short term might choose the Youth Mobility Visa for the UK.

Applying for a Work Visa in the UK

You must select the most appropriate economic visa that suits your circumstances, ensuring you meet the eligibility requirements, understand the application process, costs and lead-times to increase your chances of success. 

Our experienced team will not only help you navigate the intricacies of the application process, but also provide valuable insights and advice tailored to your specific needs. With Seraphus by your side, you can confidently embark on your path to obtaining a UK Work Visa and seize exciting employment opportunities in the United Kingdom.

We’re here to help you

When it comes to obtaining reliable legal advice, Seraphus is your dedicated source of expert guidance.

We specialise in providing personalised support to help you navigate the complexities of the application process, ensuring a seamless and hassle-free experience.

Contact us today using the details below or book a consultation with us.

Phone: 020 8142 8211

WhatsApp: 07538 208 096


Application checks

Need help checking an immigration application? We’ll make sure it’s thoroughly reviewed, and you are provided written feedback so you can perfect your application.

£299 + VAT 5 working days

Find out more

Video consultation

Get a one-off assessment of your situation and receive advice on next steps.

£99 + VAT 30 min

Find out more

UK Work Visa FAQs

  • Can I bring my family with me?

    As a holder of a Skilled Worker Visa in the UK, you can bring the following dependents with you:

    • Partner: spouse, civil partner, or unmarried partner of at least 2 years.
    • Child under 18: includes if they turn 18 during your stay.
    • Child over 18 (in some cases): if currently in the UK as a dependent.

    Each dependent requires their visa application and must prove their relationship to you. Financial requirements must be met to support dependents during their stay. Please consult with us for the latest information and guidance before applying.

  • How long can I stay in the UK on a work visa?

    The length of time you can stay in the UK on a work visa depends on the specific type of work visa you hold:

    Skilled Worker Visa: You can stay for up to 5 years and 14 days, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter.

    Health and Care Worker Visa: Similar to the Skilled Worker Visa, you can stay for up to 5 years and 14 days, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter.

    Temporary Worker Visas: These are typically valid for the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 28 days, up to a maximum of 12 or 24 months, depending on the scheme you're applying for.

    Please note that these durations are subject to change based on modifications in the UK immigration laws.

  • Can I switch to a different type of visa?

    Yes, in most cases you can apply to switch to a different visa from a Skilled Worker Visa while you're in the UK, as long as you meet the eligibility requirements of the visa you're switching to.

    Remember to apply before your current visa expires and note that you cannot switch from a Skilled Worker Visa to some types of visa, like a Visitor Visa.

  • What happens if my job ends while I’m on a work visa?

    Your employer is legally obliged to inform the Home Office if your employment ends. This could be due to several reasons such as redundancy, resignation, or termination. Upon notification, the Home Office may curtail, or shorten, your visa. They'll send you a letter informing you of the new expiration date of your visa. Typically, you'll be given a grace period (normally 60 days) from the date when your visa is curtailed, or until your visa expires, whichever is shorter.

Valuable ‘fixed-fee’ advice at any stage of your application

Our customers rate us highly on Trustpilot

  • "We did an online 30 minute consultation with a Seraphus lawyer, the process was very easy to set up and the video call worked very well. We were able to ask all our questions and get insights into the visa process. It really helped us in making our application."

    Chris, Turkey

  • "Knowledgeable advice and straight to the point. I appreciated the fact I could talk to someone who knows the issues about my specific immigration status, and I left the call feeling very confident of a way forward and reassured of my legal position. Money well spent."

    Pasadini Brown