Legal Services. The Smart Way.

Fixed price from the comfort of your own home.

Stacks Image 7

Employer Sponsorship

Sponsorship applications (employment)

Tier 2 and Tier 5 visas allow employers to recruit individuals form outside the United Kingdom to fill a particular job that cannot be filled by a British worker. We can advise both foreign workers and businesses looking to hire foreign workers on how to go about the various applications.

Notice: we do not help non-EU / overseas / foreign workers find jobs in the UK. Our service is available only to established national businesses that are looking to hire foreign workers, or for foreign workers with job offers in the UK.

Read more below or you can contact us
here or send us a question on WhatsApp.

Employers - sponsorship

Employers wanting to hire migrant workers have to apply for a migrant sponsor licence. Being a sponsor does not mean that you have to pay for your employee’s visa application. It simply means that as a UK company wanting to hire overseas workers, you will need to apply to the Home Office to obtain a sponsorship licence.

Under the new immigration system, set to come into force on 1 January 2021, EEA citizens will also have to apply for Tier 2 visas to come work in the UK. This means that if you are looking to recruit EU citizens, you will have to obtain a sponsorship licence in order to be able to do so. Since the government has proposed to lift the “cap” on numbers of migrant workers, there may never be a better time for a British company to obtain such a licence.

We can help your business prepare for post-Brexit Britain and advise you on how to obtain a sponsorship licence and hire migrant workers.

What types of sponsorship licence are there?

You can have a licence to hire Tier 2 or Tier 5 workers. Tier 5 workers are temporary workers such as seasonal workers or charity workers. Tier 2 workers are skilled workers with permanent, long-term job offers.

What are the requirements for obtaining a sponsorship licence?

Before you can make a Tier 5 or Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence application, you must decide which company member(s) will be representing the company. Any members who represent you must be an executive/senior member of the company and not a shareholder. The Home Office will then assess whether your company is trustworthy and organised enough to outsource certain immigration functions, including sponsoring workers to enter the UK and then monitoring and reporting them once they are in the country.

What is the cost of applying for a sponsorship licence?

Depending on the size of your business, the application is either £536 or £1,476. Small businesses, which qualify for the reduced fee, are usually businesses with an annual turnover of £10.2 million or less, and less that 50 employees.

How long does it take to obtain a migrant sponsorship licence?

The whole process usually takes about 3 months.

Can you help us?

Yes. We can assist your business with the application. You can contact us
here or send us a question on WhatsApp.

'We received invaluable advice, and the process turned out to be a lot simpler than we expected. She helped us to avoid the few mistakes we were about to make, and we can’t thank Seraphus enough for a process that we were dreading for a long time! Solicitors at Seraphus know what they talk about, are professional and very friendly. We can’t recommend them enough for any Immigration issue you may have. We used primarily the phone service, which was convenient and very affordable for the quality of advice we received.’


Contact us

If you have any questions about our services or you would like to instruct us to represent you with your application or appeal please get in contact with us now.

We use cookies on this site to improve your experience. We only use anonymous cookies so we'll assume you are OK with this. Read our 'Extras' section for more details.